Shakespeare’s Globe Guided Tours – Overview
Take part in the Shakespeare’s Globe Tour! We are all familiar with the phrase “To be, or not to be: that is the question”. Also, we all know the most famous tale of two young star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet. Why not step back in time to the 16th century of Elizabethan London to experience and engage in an interactive visit of history’s most famous playhouse, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and do the Shakespeare’s Globe Tour!
Originally built in 1599, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre was once the home and centre stage to William Shakespeare’s most prominent plays. From the heartfelt tragedy of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ to the enchanting and comedic tale of Theseus. And, of course, Hippolyta in ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’. Transport yourself back in time, to see where the famous playwright exhibited his work of arts to the world.
The Globe Theatre’s expert tour guides will help take you on a captivating and bewitching tour of the iconic Globe Theatre. There, stimulating and dramatic stories of the 1599 Globe Theatre will bring the space back to life.
You will also have the opportunity to immerse yourself with the tale of how The Globe was re-constructed back in the 1990’s, along with how the ‘Wooden O’ operates today as a creative and experimental theatrical space.
Bring the written words of Shakespeare to life by booking online NOW!
Save 20% with Smartsave as you pay tribute to one of history’s most celebrated playwrights, William Shakespeare.
Save 20% on your Shakespeare’s Globe Tour with our voucher or click buy tickets and select your chosen date and time.
- To pre-book click the book tickets button above, select a date and time and book! The promo code is automatically entered, your discount will be deducted at the checkout process.
- Print the voucher or show on your mobile at the ticket desk.
- Guided Tour 50 minutes, recommended visit duration 1 hour.
- We advise visitors to arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
- Visitors need to arrive at the Groundling Gates, on Bankside (SE1 9DT, opposite the river) where a staff member will greet them at an outdoor information pod.
- There are 9 steps leading up on to the piazza where your guided tour will start from. Step-free and wheelchair access are available, please speak to a member of the team or contact their Ticketing & Sales Team prior to your visit.
- As The Globe is a working theatre, tour times vary due to performance schedules or sometimes take place during rehearsals (giving you an exclusive look at the rehearsal process!).
- Guided Tours take place in all weathers.
- There is no dress code, but we recommend visitors wear appropriate clothing and footwear as tours take place outdoors.
- Guided Tours depart every hour between times advertised. You can also contact their Ticketing & Sales Team between 10.00am – 6.00pm Tuesday to Sunday to confirm tour times on Tel: 020 7401 9919.
- Swan Bar & Restaurant is located on site, which pre-booking is essential via their website.
Tours depart every hour. As the Globe is a working theatre, tour times may vary due to performance schedules.
13th April - 18th April: 10.00am to 4.00pm
24th April to 23rd May: Weekends only 10.00am to 4.00pm
25th May to 31st October: Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am to 12.00pm and Sunday 10.00am to 11.00am
1st November to 31st December: Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am to 4.00pm