Battleship USS Iowa Museum – Overview
The Battleship USS Iowa Museum, located at the Los Angeles Waterfront at San Pedro, is not only a brilliant feat of engineering, science and technology, it’s a national treasure. The Battleship USS IOWA Museum is a Top 10 regional attraction and rated one of the ‘Best Cool Exhibits to see with your Kids’ by CBS Los Angeles.
Battleship IOWA has been at the front line of protecting America’s Freedom and Security since 1943. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are providing visitors an opportunity to experience our special limited capacity outdoor fresh-air tour that complies with public health guidelines.
The Self-Guided Outdoor Tour Experience Pass allows you to visit the ship utilizing our free online Battleship IOWA application. With pre-assigned Boarding times that address the Physical Distancing guidelines issued by Federal, State and Local governments, guests will enjoy this self paced 1 hr 15 minute tour that takes full advantage of the exterior only spaces on board the IOWA, a ship that is almost three football field in length. To ensure the safety of all guests and crew, face coverings will be required by everyone that enters the tour dispatching area (Lot 61) on the wharf and while on board the Battleship. Guests and crew that shows signs of illness will not be permitted onsite. Please do not arrive on property any earlier than 45 minutes prior to your reserved Boarding time.
Battleship IOWA was first commissioned February 22, 1943. Back then, it became the first ship of her class to be commissioned by the United States. She later became known as “The Battleship of Presidents,” for having hosted three Presidents – Franklin D. Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, and George H.W. Bush.
Aboard the mammoth 887-foot vessel which spans 6 decks and displays a variety of exhibits, you’ll, for instance, get the chance to see some of the largest guns on a US navy warship, President Roosevelt’s private cabin, missile decks, helicopter decks and much more. Inside the USS Iowa Museum, learn about the history of the battleship and the achievements of the brave sailors who served America over a multitude of decades.
It is also the perfect destination for an excursion with the whole family. Children, for example, can follow the mascot dog named Victory on a popular scavenger hunt. In addition, children can also use the “Jungle Gym” at sea for a hands-on experience. They will learn many interesting things about history! There is something to experience for old and young!
The crew on the USS Iowa are always thrilled to welcome you. Every day is a privilege to not only showcase their pride, but also make your family day out a unique and memorable experience.
- Please call us at 877-446-9261 between the hours of 9am and 430pm to redeem your third party ticket in advance to reserve your timed pass – quoting Smartsave.
- We encourage you strongly to not arrive at the site without a pre-reserved / purchased access pass and no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your reservation. This will help us maintain public health guidelines onsite.
- Please download our free award winning tour app in the iPhone or Android store in advance. Search for “Battleship IOWA” in your mobile devices store. More details at: https://www.pacificbattleship.com/visit-us/get-the-award-winning-app/
- By boarding the vessel, you are agreeing to the safety guidelines below and choosing to visit at your own risk.
- Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org call 877-446-9261 for any questions you may have.
Open daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last ticket sold at 16:00.
|monday||10:00 - 17:00|
|tuesday||10:00 - 17:00|
|wednesday||10:00 - 17:00|
|thursday||10:00 - 17:00|
|friday||10:00 - 17:00|
|saturday||10:00 - 17:00|
|sunday||10:00 - 17:00|