Guggenheim Museum – Overview
The visionary American architect Frank Lloyd Wright designed and completed the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in 1959. It is home to one of the world’s finest collections of modern and contemporary art. The museum itself is a masterpiece located on New York’s Museum Mile.
As well as hosting ever changing exhibitions of photographs and paintings, the Guggenheim’s permanent collection includes works by modern masters such as Picasso, Kandinsky, Van Gogh, Monet and Cezanne.
Art in the Round public tours led by highly knowledgeable Guggenheim educators are available every day the museum is open. Each tour focuses on specific exhibitions, themes or museum architecture. They are free with admission tickets.
Events & Exhibitions at Guggenheim Museum
The 20% Discount at Guggenheim Museum New York also includes entry to some amazing exhibits.
Artistic License: Six Takes on the Guggenheim Collection, on view May 24, 2019 – January 12, 2020
This exhibition celebrates the museum’s extensive collection of modern and contemporary art. Curated by Paul Chan, Jenny Holzer, Cai Guo-Qiang, Julie Mehretu,Richard Prince and Carrie Mae Weens – six contemporary artists who have each had influential solo shows at the Guggenheim – Artistic License brings together both well-known and rarely seen works from the turn of the century to 1980.
Implicit Tensions: Mapplethorpe Now
Thirty years after Robert Mapplethorpe’s death, the Guggenheim celebrates the sustained legacy of the artist’s work with a year long exhibition.
Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and modern French masterpieces from the Guggenheim’s collection. For instance works by Degas, Gauguin, Kandinsky, Picasso, and more.
Guggenheim Collection: Brancusi
Sculptures by Constantin Brancusi, all from the Guggenheim’s collection, are on view alongside photographs of the modernist master in his studio.
- Posted throughout the museum, Gallery Guides offer visitors a singular opportunity to explore art through one-on-one conversation.
- Gallery Guides have extensive backgrounds in the arts. They are able to engage individuals in meaningful, shared dialogue. “Let’s Talk Art.” Gallery Guides speak a range of languages and are can provide verbal imaging descriptions for visitors with low vision or blindness.
- Visitors of all ages and abilities are encouraged to approach and speak with Gallery Guides.
- General admission tickets include access to all exhibitions on view and daily 2pm guided tour.
- Luggage is not permitted in the museum
|Regular Price||With Voucher|
|Child under 12 years old||Free||Free|
Open daily from 10am-5:30pm with late evening openings on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Holiday Hours may vary.
Museum and store closed: November 14th, November 28th and December 25th
|monday||10:00 - 17:30|
|tuesday||10:00 - 20:00|
|wednesday||10:00 - 17:30|
|thursday||10:00 - 17:30|
|friday||10:00 - 17:30|
|saturday||10:00 - 20:00|
|sunday||10:00 - 17:30|