Designed by visionary American architect Frank Lloyd Wright and completed in 1959, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is home to one of the world’s finest collections of modern and contemporary art—and is itself a masterpiece located on New York’s Museum Mile.
As well as hosting ever changing exhibitions of photographs and paintings, the Guggenheim’s permanent collection includes works by modern masters such as Picasso, Kandinsky , Van Gogh , Monet and Cezanne.
Art in the Round public tours led by highly knowledgeable Guggenheim educators are available every day the museum is open. Each tour focuses on specific exhibitions, themes or museum architecture and are free with admission tickets.
Events & Exhibitions
The 20% Discount at Guggenheim Museum New York also includes entry to some amazing exhibits.
Hilma af Klint – Paintings for the Future : October 12 2018 – 23 Apr 2019
When Hilma af Klint began creating radically abstract paintings in 1906, they were like little that had been seen before: bold, colorful, and untethered from any recognizable reference to the physical world.
Implicit Tensions: Mapplethorpe Now : Opens 25 January 2019
Thirty years after Robert Mapplethorpe’s death, the Guggenheim celebrates the sustained legacy of the artist’s work with a year long exhibition.
Artistic License: Six Takes of the Guggenheim Collection, on view May 24, 2019 – January 12, 2020
This full-rotunda exhibition celebrates the institution’s extensive twentieth-century holdings through the intervention of six contemporary artists.
Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and modern French masterpieces from the Guggenheim’s collection, including works by Degas, Gauguin, Kandinsky, Picasso, and more.
Guggenheim Collection: Brancusi
Sculptures by Constantin Brancusi, all from the Guggenheim’s collection, are on view alongside photographs of the modernist master in his studio.
- Posted throughout the museum, Gallery Guides offer visitors a singular opportunity to explore art through one-on-one conversation.
- Gallery Guides have extensive backgrounds in the arts and are trained to engage individuals in meaningful, shared dialogue. “Let’s Talk Art.” Gallery Guides speak a range of languages and are trained to provide verbal imaging descriptions for visitors with low vision or blindness.
- Visitors of all ages and abilities are encouraged to approach and speak with Gallery Guides.
- Due to exhibition change over, the discount will not be available from 24 April 2019-23 May 2019.
- General admission tickets include access to all exhibitions on view, Guggenheim multimedia guides and daily 2pm guided tour.
|Regular Price||With Voucher|
|Child under 12 years old||Free||Free|
Open Sunday-Wednesday, Friday 10am-5:45pm
Open Saturday 10am-7:45pm.
24 December : 10am-4pm.
25: December : Closed.
01 January : 11am-8pm.
All other days from December 26 through January 6: 10am-8pm.
|monday||10:00 - 17:45|
|tuesday||10:00 - 17:45|
|wednesday||10:00 - 17:45|
|friday||10:00 - 17:45|
|saturday||10:00 - 19:45|
|sunday||10:00 - 17:45|