Discover Craigmillar castle, The Boarders and Rosslyn Chapel on this insightful one day tour. Immerse yourself in the mystery and magic of Rosslyn Chapel, explore Craigmillar castles dark passageways and visit Melrose Abbey where the heart of Robert the Bruce is buried. Throughout your tour, you will enjoy breathtaking views of Scotland in particular Scott’s view which has been nominated as one of the best views in Britain.
- Craigmillar Castle – Step inside what is, perhaps unfairly, referred to as Edinburgh’s ‘other castle’. Craigmillar Castle provided a retreat from the bustle of Scotland’s capital. Explore the castles dark passageways and admire the stunning views from the top of the tower house.
- Scott’s View – Enjoy a photo stop from Scott’s View, which has been nominated as one of the best views in Britain
- Melrose – Explore this picturesque Scottish Borders Town. Why not pay a visit to Melrose Abbey? This Abbey is one of the four Border Abbeys founded by King David I. It is also the where the heart of Robert the Bruce is buried, Scotland’s famous liberator. If you’d prefer to go even further back, then a visit to the Roman Heritage Centre is not be resisted, as Melrose is the site of the largest Roman camp in Scotland.
- Rosslyn Chapel – Famed worldwide for its unique beauty and the aura of mystery and magic that surrounds it. The Chapel was used for the filming of the Da Vinci Code, most of the interior scenes of the Chapel were filmed here, and the main actors Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou, were on site for a few days.
- FREE hotel pickup service
- Guided Tour
- Entrance Fees
- Hotel Drop Off
To enjoy your 20% discount simply click Buy tickets and enter promo code SMART20.
Departure information will be advised on booking. PLEASE NOTE THE PICKUP TIME IS APPROXIMATE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED BY EMAIL OR PHONE
Children under the age of 5 are not permitted to travel.
This tour has an 8 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered.
Amendments to dates and tour changes are subject to a £5.00 administration fee.
This tour is available for booking from 15th April - 28th October 2019
The tour will be running every Monday.