Two-factor authentication (2FA) or Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an additional layer of security for online accounts. It reduces the risk of someone gaining access to your account even if they discover your username and password.
For this, you will need an authenticator on your mobile device (preferably with a working camera) or work desktop, if you don’t already have one.
- For desktops, laptops, and Macs (Steps for installing the Authy app for your Windows or Mac computer.)
- Go to https://authy.com/download/ and select your device and your operating system
- Once the download is finished, open and run the setup by following the on-screen instructions
- This link will take you to a more detailed setup page for desktop installation. https://www.emap.com/download-twilio-authy-on-mac-desktop-or-laptop/
- For mobile devices, we recommend using the Microsoft Authenticator app, which should already be on your phone and being used to authenticate against Microsoft apps, but there are also others. Below common authenticator apps can be found in your mobile device app store, just click on your preferred app store to download and install:
Once installed, open the app and follow the instructions below (Setting up)