Even the most boring of holidays can be turned around; you just have to know what to do.
However, coming up with ideas can be tough when you don’t have a clue. So here are 25 things you can do right now to kill your holiday boredom.
1. Ban all television/computers/phones…. Force yourself to look beyond your normal methods of entertainment
2. Play games… better yet, invent your own!
3. Cook up a new recipe or bake a cake
4. Go shopping, even if it’s just for groceries
5. Take the kids to the cinema
6. Pack a picnic and venture out to find a nice spot
7. Offer to walk the neighbours dogs or walk your own if you have any
8. Fly a kite!
9. Go for a jog or a run somewhere scenic and close by, such as a beach or a woodland area
10. Play eye spy. No children necessary
11. Draw a picture
12. Hold a tea party with the kids, after all, they need entertaining too
13. Visit a petting farm
14. Build a house out of LEGO
15. Feed ducks, or feed birds if there are no duck ponds nearby
16. Gather the family for a walk around the local area. You never know what fun you might find
17. Learn a new craft or hobby
18. Take the kids to the park
19. Visit a local museum or gallery
20. Peer into rock pools at your local Sea Life Centre
21. Investigate the wildlife in your local garden or woodland
22. Take a pack of crayons and paper outside and get the kids to make crayon rubbings on all the interesting surfaces they come across
23. Read a book
24. Read a book to your kids
25. Go and introduce yourself to your holiday neighbours